Hardware, Software and Third-party Services
Technology is an integral part of the business environment that can cause unique challenges in our modern healthcare landscape. Fortunately, we understand the many forms and functions of technology. We have experienced individuals who have worked with many of the hardware and software solutions that you use today as well as plan to use tomorrow. This experience allows us to help you overcome the technological challenges your business faces, not just in the short term, but over the long term. This extensive experience also allows us to transfer the knowledge our team has accumulated over the years to your team so that no longer are you starting from square one, but are ready day one.
Click the topics below to expand
+Full System Conversions
Whether it is an EHR, HIS or Practice Management System, we know how they work. Our people have considerable knowledge on how they work and how they work best. Most importantly, we know what holes you can inadvertently fall into and how to avoid them. We are used to complex projects, and understand the human element associated with the change that comes with them. We are ready to help prepare you, support you during the transition, as well as optimize the system once you are transitioned to ensure you are obtaining the value you planned for.
- System review, evaluation and selection guidance and support
- Departmental and service line discovery and workflow identification
- Full or partial system design and build management
- Conversion gap analysis and risk assessment
- System testing coordination and management
- System go-live support
- Post-implementation optimization guidance
+Guided Process Discovery
Workflow Capture & Alignment
Discovery is one of the most exciting aspects of planning any technological change. Many organizations use their existing processes and policies as a starting point, but how well do you know what you do today? Processes can change incrementally each day resulting in massive changes, even to processes that have recently been implemented. Knowing where your existing processes started as well as how they function today is part of our expertise. Our team is adept at guiding stakeholder teams and end users through the process of identifying what they truly do versus what they are thought to do. As an outcome, we provide documentation that is detailed, easily comprehended and distributable to all interested parties.
- Identification of existing clinical and financial processes
- Existing process review and evaluations
- Process conversion gap and risk analysis
- Process ownership and workflow documentation
+Design & Build Management
Build Guidance & Operational Translation
Design is where your world of today meets where you want to be tomorrow. Translating your wants, goals and needs and then managing the build to meet your organization's expectations is a process where attention to detail is critical. Build errors can compound through the implementation causing significant timeline delays and increases in implementation costs. Assessment of impacted systems/process combined with build modification and realignment of resources are needed to make the build effective.
- Strategic build planning and management to ensure what you plan is what you realize
- Translation of "Operations speak" to "IT speak"
- Understand what capabilities are possible with the new system and how existing capabilities translate from your old system
- Identify resource gaps in people and processes
- Development of future state documentation for training and gap analysis
+System Testing Coordination & Management
Comprehensive management and communication
Testing occurs at many points in the life cycle of an implementation. Testing should additionally occur even after the project has reached completion. Testing is the integral step that assures all business owners that the system was built as designed, will meet their future needs and is currently working as expected (even when other system changes may have occurred). Due to the ever growing number or systems healthcare organizations use today, it is easy to make a change in one system that causes an unintentional negative effect in a related or downstream system.
We can help your team perform comprehensive system testing using tried testing processes. Through effective testing criteria and the selection of test cases, we can focus your organization in on its major points of post implementation risk. Where many testing efforts fail is in not communicating the information necessary to allow interested parties to be aware of where break points may occur or areas of concern reside for post implementation. We are effective communicators and know how and when this information needs to be communicated for maximum awareness.
- Partial or end-to-end system testing coordination and management
- Testing criteria development and test case selection support
- Issue identification, resolution management and retesting
- Executive and management testing communication and issue escalation
+Report Design, Monitoring & Metric Tracking
Operational and Strategic Reporting
Reporting has become the medium of communication in many organizations. No longer is passive reporting acceptable, reporting needs to be developed to allow for the active management of your departments, service lines and areas you are most concerned with. With the exponential growth of data in today's healthcare environment, developing these right reports has become much more challenging. Our knowledge and expertise can assist in the identification of the data needed to create reports that allow for critical operational and strategic decision making. We will also assist your team in developing or identifying key performance indicators that are trackable and reportable to all levels of your organization.
- Operational report design and implementation
- Strategic report design and implementation
- Key Performance Indicator development, tracking and monitoring
+Upgrade Prioritization & Management
With system upgrades come new features and functionality. When analyzing existing workflows, it is important to identify whether these new features and functionality positively or negatively impact your organization. Some of these features or functions may require system design changes or may require modifications to accommodate existing system build. The process of determining which features and functions to utilize, the technical and operational impacts as well as impacts to upstream or downstream systems, is a difficult process that requires integration across a multitude of departments. We can help you navigate these complex discussions, manage the details for you, as well as translate the clinical or technical speak for all audiences in order to promote information sharing across each area of the organization.
- Identiy new features and functions that are relevant to your organization
- Determine the impacts on workflows, processes, and people
- Prioritize the implementation of new features/functions
- Coordinate testing to ensure there are no break points
+New Module Implementation Support
Implementing a new module is similar to the implementation of a new system; only on a smaller scale. The implementation of a new module though is just as important and can be just as difficult. A new module may impact processes, workflows, other integrated technologies and will impact those in the organization expected to use the module. We take a holistic approach when supporting these types of implementations in order to minimize the impact of the transition as well as after the transition. We create a path for your team so they know where they are starting today as well as where they are going each step of the way. We can:
- Evaluate your existing processes to identify where you will gain the most benefit from the new module
- Feedback on how your existing processes will change
- Recommendations on how best to utilize new functionality
- Identify gaps between your existing resources and what will be needed once the new module is implemented